To navigate the slide show above, simply mouseover the bottom of the photo in the main window, for a control panel.
SOLD! Multiple Offers, Over Asking
Rare Martens-Carmelita Opportunity
THE CHOICE IS YOURS: (a) Live a Walden Pond type artist's life in the existing rustic but entirely inhabitable structure, (b) remodel it, like some of the neighbors have done, (c) tear it down and build an entirely new house (subject to city approval, of course) or (d) buy it as an investment, to "land bank" or rent out until some future time. Whatever your choice, this is a wonderful opportunity to acquire a beautiful property in a desirable community where such properties become available only on rare occasion. Formerly considered a county area, the Martens-Carmelita neighborhood has retained its rural atmosphere, in spite of its proximity to numerous urban amenities.
* 2BD, 1BA charming, rustic 1947 cottage
* NO association or neighborhood dues of any kind
* 8,820 square-foot near-perfect rectangular lot
* Newer water heater (Rheem 38 gallon, installed in 2014)
* Redwood framing is termite-resistant (per owner)
* Live-in/remodel/tear-down & build-anew/land bank options
* 2 magnificent 80-foot shade trees (keep cool in summer!)
* Backyard wildlife is a bird lover's delight ...
o Birdhouse has been home to chickadees & oak titmice
o Bluebirds, cedar waxwings, house finches & many more
o Relax to the pleasant sounds of the original tweeters
* End-of-street, low-traffic location
* Just steps to the back gate of Frank L. Huff Elementary
* Yearly Carol Avenue block party enhances community spirit
* Easy walk to numerous stores & restaurants:
o Grant Park Plaza (Grant Road @ El Camino Real)
o Mountain View Shopping Center (El Camino @ Grant)
o Nob Hill Foods, 99 Ranch Market, full-service U.S. post office
* Walk to El Camino Family YMCA
* Walk to Cuesta Park, in just 7 minutes:
o Off-leash dog run
* Bike to many places, along the Stevens Creek Trail, including:
o NASA ... without ever crossing a single street!
* Located mid-way between SFO and Mineta Airports
* Top schools:
o Huff Elementary (2013 API of 960)
o Graham Middle (2013 API of 866), a "distinguished school"
o Mountain View High School (2013 API of 861)
* Minutes from exciting & enjoyable downtown Mountain View
* Near Palo Alto Medical Foundation, MV & El Camino Hospital
* Excellent public transportation (Bus, Cal-Train, VTA light rail)
* Minutes to 82 (El Camino Real) & Highway 85
* Quick connect to 237, 101 & 280
* "Counter commute" to South Bay (save time!)
* Minutes from wonderful downtown Mountain View
* Various reports available from listing agent upon request:
o Home & termite inspection reports from July-August 2016
o Preliminary title and environmental report
o Geotechnical site reconnaissance engineering report
For closest comp, reference 219 Carmelita (MLS #81634752)
Get your Audubon Bird Guide ready, to identify the melodious and mellifluous birdsongs of the numerous species that will serenade you throughout your day, as you take a break from the high-tech Twitter world, savoring the best kinds of tweets that nature has to offer.
Join the neighborhood associations (info available upon request) and revel in the intimate community atmosphere at the annual Carol Avenue block party. In short, enjoy all the conveniences of urban living, while nestled in a quiet country-like enclave.
There's nothing like this currently on the market and there likely will not be again, for at least some time to come. Better hurry, as this opportunity won't last long! (And, indeed, it did not.)
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Buyers are advised to thoroughly investigate and confirm everything to their complete satisfaction. Public school assignments should be confirmed directly with school districts.